I've always had my tea without sugar. I don't know why but I have always believed that sugar intake leads to a lot of health related issues later in life. The earlier you learn to curb sugar intake, the better. It sounds boring but it helps to keep fit and spend less too. At least, think about curbing sugar at incremental levels in your life.
Here are some suggestions that will help your health and your pay packet too:
1. Check label and opt for food containing less than 5-7 g per 100 g.
2. Ditch Fizz
3. Cut down sugar in tea and coffee.
4. Limit soft drinks, sweets, biscuits, cakes, puddings.
5. Eat a small piece of cheese at the end of a meal or after a sugar snack. Cheese is alkali and it neutralizes the harmful effect of sugar. Don't make this a habit to eat lots of sugar and then cheese. This can be done once in a while, it is harmful if one uses it as an excuse to have more desserts and sugary food.
6. Use honey as a substitute as it contains fructose which is absorbed more slowly than ordinary sugar and gives more sustained energy.
7. Eats nuts, as they contain magnesium which helps combat fatigue, bloating and mood swings. Also, they enable energy release in every cell of the body.
8. Remember, a can of cola would have at least 7 teaspoons. A chocolate bar would have 8 teaspoons of sugar.
Try this. If you have other useful tips, please share, as that would help us all.