I've always had my tea without sugar. I don't know why but I have always believed that sugar intake leads to a lot of health related issues later in life. The earlier you learn to curb sugar intake, the better. It sounds boring but it helps to keep fit and spend less too. At least, think about curbing sugar at incremental levels in your life.
Here are some suggestions that will help your health and your pay packet too:
1. Check label and opt for food containing less than 5-7 g per 100 g.
2. Ditch Fizz
3. Cut down sugar in tea and coffee.
4. Limit soft drinks, sweets, biscuits, cakes, puddings.
5. Eat a small piece of cheese at the end of a meal or after a sugar snack. Cheese is alkali and it neutralizes the harmful effect of sugar. Don't make this a habit to eat lots of sugar and then cheese. This can be done once in a while, it is harmful if one uses it as an excuse to have more desserts and sugary food.
6. Use honey as a substitute as it contains fructose which is absorbed more slowly than ordinary sugar and gives more sustained energy.
7. Eats nuts, as they contain magnesium which helps combat fatigue, bloating and mood swings. Also, they enable energy release in every cell of the body.
8. Remember, a can of cola would have at least 7 teaspoons. A chocolate bar would have 8 teaspoons of sugar.
Try this. If you have other useful tips, please share, as that would help us all.
Thanks for the tips, looks like I am not doing too badly, I anyway do not like cola and I take tea without sugar! The only problem is I have a big sweet tooth and little exercise these days.
Excellent post. Very useful to safeguard our health.
omg coffee without sugar? baapree...wonder how i can manage!!
@Mridula - Good to hear you dont take cola or sugar with your tea. Exercise is a must for sustaining good health and a toned body. Beginning with timebound walks, perhaps.
@SG - thnks!
@RRamesh - It's never too late to start thinking about it, isn't it? Think about it this way - every tspoon of sugar is sweet but when it enters the body, it is poison for the health of the body. It is also a cause for stomach cancer.
I like nuts, but cant take tea without sugar.
we share something in common here. i take my tea/coffee too without sugar, though i have a sweet tooth.....and yes have noted down your tip about the cheese.
and just to add to your write up , a non sugary part....lol....if i may ....try to have green tea in the morning as your first cup of the day....with out sugar. its suppose do wonders.has loads of antioxidants.
Post a Comment