Sunday, February 28, 2010
The difficulties are that there are more crimes committed in the name of Holi celebrations which makes it difficult for me to believe in it. Many girls are raped by mobs and women, whether married or not, are not safe traveling or being outdoors in public on the day of Holi. For the police, it is not possible to control huge mobs that are celebrating a festival. That is exactly why many rapists go scot-free on this day because it is not possible to identify them as well. Due to these dismal but perfectly valid reasons, the fun filled, colorful festival fails to inspire me. Forgive my honesty but that's just the way I am. I can't pretend to like something that I don't believe in.
However, my personal thoughts do not prevent me from wishing you all a very happy, joyous and fun filled Holi. Stay safe, avoid mobs, drive carefully and take greater care of the girls and womenfolk in the family while outdoors.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
I was tagged by Lazy Pineapple and here we go with some fun questions:
1. What is your current obsession?
2. What are you wearing today?
White shirt, black pants - always the dress code for practising lawyers.
3. What's for dinner today?
Rice, sambhar and thoran.
4. What's the last thing you bought?
Chocolates for my kid.
5. What are you listening to right now?
Shah Rukh in an interview on NDTV with Barkha Dutt. News is now entertainment, isn't it?
6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?
I think she is a fantastic blogger.
7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?
T-shirts, cargoes, jeans and a bottle of water.
9. If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
My hometown -
10. Which language do you want to learn?
Not decided yet.
11. What’s your favourite quote?
If you desire for something with all your heart, the whole universe will conspire to make it happen.
12. Who do you want to meet right now?
13. What is your favourite colour?
14. Give us 3 styling tips that work for you.
1. The right scent.
2. The right watch.
3. The right shoes.
15. What is your dream job? To be a cricketer.
16. What’s your favorite magazine?
17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Shoes and belt that don't go well with what you are wearing.
19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?
20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?
Short, military style.
21. What are you going to do after this?
22. What are your favorite movies?
23. What inspires you?
Thinking about my father - Justice T.V.Ramakrishnan.
24. What do your friends call you most commonly?
25. Would you prefer coffee or tea?
26. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
27. What makes you go wild?
Backstabbers, liars and pompous know-it-alls.
28. Which other blogs do you love visiting?
Many blogs, can't think of just one.
29. Favorite Dessert/Sweet?
30. How many tabs are turned on in
31. Favorite Season?
32. If I come to your house now, what would u cook for me?
33. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
34. What are you afraid of the most?
My son getting badly hurt.
35. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
God, I've put on weight!
36. What brings a smile on your face instantly?
37. A word that you say a lot?
Money, money, money!
38. When was the last time you did something nice?
Lawyers? Nice? Are you kidding?
39. What would you do if you were made President of
Reduce the number of holidays in this country and encourage people to work harder.